Meter readers handle a flood of data every day and entering that data manually can increase the chance for human error. Making sure your data is accurate, on time and analyzed is key to increasing cash flow, not to mention customer satisfaction.
Automatic meter reading, or AMR, is the technology of automatically collecting consumption, diagnostic, and status data from water meter or energy metering devices (gas, electric) and transferring that data to a central database for billing, troubleshooting, and analyzing. This technology mainly saves utility providers the expense of periodic trips to each physical location to read a meter. Another advantage is that billing can be based on near real-time consumption rather than on estimates based on past or predicted consumption. This timely information coupled with analysis can help both utility providers and customers better control the use and production of electric energy, gas usage, or water consumption.
Pyrumas AMR technologies include handheld, mobile and network technologies based on IOT, radio frequency (RF). Pyrumas Electricity AMR supports Automatic meter readers to be fit to the existing metering infrastructure. Pyrumas AMR Supports multiple modes of connection between the meters and the Distribution database provided by Pyrumas, some of them being RS232, Optical Reader, IR, LPRF(Low Power Radio Frequency) and also Pyrumas Technique to measure traditional Electro Mechanical Meters remotely.
Benefits of AMR :
- Accurate meter reading, no more estimates
- Improved billing
- Accurate profile classes and measurement classes, true costs applied
- Improved security and tamper detection for equipment
- Energy management through profile data graphs
- Less financial burden correcting mistakes
- Less accrued expenditure
- Transparency of “cost to read” metering
- Improved procurement power though more accurate data – “de-risking” price
- In cases of shortages, utility will be able to manage/allocate supply.